Refresh, Tone & Tighten by repairing elasticity, colour & quality of your skin.
$449 per treatment or package of 3 for $1250 | PRP Treatment with Skin Needling $499 per treatment
For those who are seeking a more natural approach to anti-aging procedures, cosmetic Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy or “PRP” is the ultimate facial, skin and hair rejuvenation treatment. Used to reverse the signs of ageing by improving vascular supply and collagen production, PRP utilises your own biological material to stimulate new cell growth, restore volume, and improve skin texture and complexion, without the need for surgery or injecting synthetic materials. This is an accelerated rejuvenation process where maximum growth factors are introduced into precise locations to stimulate collagen production, improve overall skin health and help minimise wrinkles and scarring.
At The Aesthetic Collective, we use a medical and dental practitioner only range of PRP medical devices. All of our PRP therapies are provided by medical practitioners or aesthetically trained registered nurses working with a doctor. Our team of medical practitioners and registered nurses are responsible for your patient care - before, during and post treatment.
What areas can be targeted?
- Face (including fine lines and dark circles under eye)
- Back of hands
- Scalp (hair loss)
- Stretch marks
Do you provide the ‘Vampire Facelift’ as a treatment?
Metaphorically, PRP has been referred to as the “Vampire Facelift”, made famous by celebrities such as Kim Kardashien and Bar Rafaeli. This is due to your own blood being re-injected into the face for skin rejuvenation purposes. The PRP facial therapy offered by The Aesthetic Collective is a much less invasive technique which does not result in a ‘bloody’ face at the end of the procedure.
What does the treatment involve?
A level of your blood is taken and placed in a centrifuge. The centrifuge process separates the red/white blood cells from the plasma, and the 'liquid gold' platelet rich plasma is removed. A five point crystal injector or a series of fine needles are used to inject the platelet rich plasma into the deep dermal layers of your skin where you would like to encourage the growth of collagen and new skin cells. PRP treatments using the crystal injector can also be done on the scalp to encourage the growth of new hair.
How does it work?
The growth factors in the plasma initiate a local stem cell response, causing your soft tissue to undergo an accelerated healing and regeneration process. The introduction of maximum growth factors into targeted areas:
- Improves skin quality, texture, and elasticity
- Reduces shallow wrinkles and lines
- Reduces dark under-eye circles
- Minimises appearance of scars
- Minimises the visible signs of aged and sun damaged skin
- Promotes more even skin tone & texture
- Accelerates hair growth
How many treatments are required?
A minimum of 3 sessions, 4-6 weeks apart are recommended. Following this, just one treatment once a year is recommended to maintain your results.
When will I see results?
It is important to note that PRP cannot provide the immediate plumping short term effect of fillers or muscle relaxants. However, PRP will hopefully provide patients with a more youthful overall complexion that has the longer term benefit of improved skin health.Immediately after the procedure, the injected area will feel tighter, and lines/wrinkles will appear minimised. This degree of tightening will not last, and will ease after 4 days. The PRP will continue to work under the skin to generate new cells and improve the subsurface layers of the skin. This is not an immediate process and the more pronounced effects can be seen 6 weeks after the procedure with improvements potentially lasting up to 1-2 years.
Who is suitable for PRP?
PRP skin rejuvenation is suitable for all skin types, ages & colour. It is always best to discuss the use of any medical therapy with your medical practitioner or aesthetically trained registered nurse prior to treatment.
PRE TREATMENT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
To maximise the potential healing effect from the PRP, we strongly recommend the following guidelines.Please seek advice from your GP prior to ceasing any medication for your PRP procedure. Patients who have had a prior cardiovascular event should not change cardiovascular medication schedule
2 weeks before the procedure:Cease oral corticosteroids (eg prednisone) for 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
1 week before the procedure:
- Do not take any blood thinning medications, Aspirin or medications containing Aspirin for 5 days prior to the procedure
- Patients can continue on Warfarin if required.
- Supplements that are known to increase bruising should be ceased. These include: Garlic, Ginko, Ginseng, Green Tea, Vitamin E, Multi-vitamins,
- Omega 3 and Omega 6, and fish oils.
- Topical medications & high strength cosmeceuticals containing Vitamin A, Retinol, Glycolic Acid should be ceased 5 days prior as their interaction and effect on the local anaesthetic gel and PRP is not known.
2 days prior to the procedure:
- Discontinue any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Nurofen, Ibuprofen, Voltaren, Celebrex, Mobic, or any other prescribed anti-inflammatory medications, for 2 days prior until 10 days after the PRP therapy.
- Minimise caffeine, alcohol and fatty food and ideally have a healthy diet
- Drink at least one litre of water each day for good hydration (more in hot weather)
- Microdermabrasion, aggressive peels and exfoliants should not be used as it may make the skin more sensitive to the topical local anaesthetic gel.
DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Drink at least one litre of water and refrain from excessive exercise (to assist blood collection)
- You will not be able to take any anti-inflammatory medication (eg: Nurofen) for ten days after the procedure. We suggest having some Panadol / Panadeine available in case you need some mild pain relief.
You will be given a PRP post procedure care instruction sheet to take home. This will also be sent to you via email. We recommend that these instructions are followed so that you can maximise the results from your PRP therapy.